Friday 4 November 2011

FO Friday #6: Embroidered Button

I haven't had much time lately for crafting and didn't manage to post a FO last week. This week, I have a very little FO to show you. A little embroidered cupcake button using the free kit that came with Issue 7 of Mollie Makes magazine.

I drew my design on the linen using a wipe off fabric marker...


... then I embroidered over my sketch ...





.... and wiped off the marker pen using a damp cloth....





... then I mounted the fabric on a button. 


For my first attempt at embroidery and covering buttons, I am quite pleased. I love the sketchy feel and it has sparked an idea for a sampler for Evie. I am now going to check out the other FOs on Tamis blog.

9 comments:

  1. That is so pretty. Well done at giving both new techniques a go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, that's lovely! Embroidery has been on my 'to try' list for ages, and your button definitely makes me want to try it. Glad it's inspired you as well. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute. It must be fun to get a project with each magazine issue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's adorable! Now you need to knit/crochet something for it to go on :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cool :D What a cute little button!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks all. It was such a quick little project too.

    @Affiknitty - it is actually, but they tend to build up so I have a few floating around at the moment.

    @Laymon - excellent idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's adorable! I definitely have to try that someday.

    ReplyDelete