Friday 11 November 2011

FO Friday #7: A Sleeping Bag

A quick FO Friday post (as I'm meant to be packing for my weekend away!) to show you my first ever knitting commission.

After showing off the sleeping bag I made for Evie I was asked to do one for a friend's nephew.




There's a little pocket with J on (for Jude) & a footprint to use my new found embroidery skills.




The bag (and pocket) were lined with a super soft fleecy blanket.




I was left to my own devices to come up with colours & design, but it's gone down well & I am really pleased with it too.

I don't think I'm going to get a chance to look at the other FOs til next week, unless I can get my packing done quickly - but you can go check out Tami's blog to see what everyone else has been up to.

10 comments:

  1. That's so cute! I love the little pocket at the top as well.

    I may have to make myself a grown-up sized one of these for winter ;) It looks so snuggly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, especially with the extra touches like the embroidered J and the little footprint! Looks very practically soft and warm as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything about this! The footprint is adorable and that fleece lining looks so comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your first commissioned project! Everything about it looks absolutely fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute and snuggly, adorable little details, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations your first commissioned project and it's brilliant. It looks very cute and I love the foot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks great, and I love the embroidery.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG that looks so beautiful and so professional. You did an amazing job. What a lucky little boy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. very cute, the colours look great, the foot is a nice touch. I would of love one of these for when my son was a baby.

    ReplyDelete