Friday 16 September 2011

FO Friday #1 Baby Sleeping Bag


Pattern: Baby Cocoon Sack by Bernat
Yarn: Lamb's Pride Worsted (Pistachio) & Cascade 220 (Cream), approx 1 skein of each for sack, plus oddments for flowers
Needle Size: 4.5mm, circular, 3.75mm crochet hook for flowers
Started: 20th July 2011
Finished: 16th September 2011

I didn't follow the pattern exactly as I just wanted the stripes rather than texture. I added the little crochet flowers & a button to make it a bit more girlie, and lined it with a light fleece blanket to make it super soft & cwtchy.


Crochet flower embellishment
Super soft & cwtchy fleece lining

It was a pretty easy project as it was knit in the round and, apart from the lining & flowers, there was no making up to do. I am not entirely happy with the flowers, they look a bit thrown on at the moment, but I'm not sure how to improve this. Maybe by adding some leaves? (Any suggestions appreciated.)

I will definitely experiment with the general shape of this bag and plan to make another one for when Evie is too big for this. I also quite fancy one for myself....but really don't think I have that much patience.


This post was inspired by a linky set up by Tami's Amis & Other Creations, which I discovered via Crafts from the Cwtch, and I hope will become a permanent fixture on this blog.

6 comments:

  1. It looks fantastic, love the flowers and the colours you used. That lining so cosy too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw that is so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute, all the flowers, the colors & that lining is to die for! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that is so cute! I love the flowers. I think they look very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so cute, the inside looks really warm! I like the flowers, the red really pops next to the green!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, thanks all. I'm really pleased with it & Evie seems to like it too. :)

    ReplyDelete