Saturday 24 September 2011

I've been shopping...

As the title says - today I went shopping. And in town there is a rather fabulous shop called Knitters & Sewers world, that holds lots of yarn, buttons, thread, patterns, everything you could possibly need (or want) - a knitter's dream shop. I can quite happily spend hours in there deliberating over yarn colours and patterns. I even went in with a specific list of what I wanted in the hope I would be quick while hubby was shopping elsewhere - but no. I was completely distracted by knitting possibilities!

I went in to get yarn for my first ever commission - a baby sleeping bag. I chose Sidar Supersoft Aran...but couldn't decide on a colour scheme. So planning a couple of swatches tonight to see what looks best. Colours look a bit odd in the photo below....but you get the gist.


I also bought some sock yarn, to attempt my first pair of socks for Socktoberfest.


And this fabulous Big Bamboo yarn from Sirdar, a little bit inspired yesterday's FO Friday post by AutumnGeisha, it's already been knitted into an i-cord tube! It comes with a scarf pattern on the ball band, so will knit a test one (for me) but can see this becoming a very handy Christmas present idea....



2 comments:

  1. Keeping yourself busy mrs! If you start knitting class again im in, we did some interest at the com so there's another side line for you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wondering about starting it up again. Will let you know. :)

    ReplyDelete