Friday 9 September 2011

minirhi makes

Hello.

Welcome to my new blog, a new online home for all my craftiness.

I have always been a bit crafty, but the recent onslaught of the handmade revolution has brought it out in force, reminding me how much I like making things, and how much I have yet to learn. There are so many things I want to try and skills I want to improve.... and I'll be documenting it all here.

Just under two weeks ago I gave birth to my first child - a beautiful baby girl we've named Evie Grace. (Though from here on in we'll call her Fidget, which was her nickname while I was pregnant.) I'm hoping that maternity leave, and such a gorgeous model, will give me some time and encouragement to spend more time making and doing.

I've been knitting since I was about 16, have more recently started to crochet and have dabbled in felting. I have done a bit of cross stitch and patchwork too, and have attempted making clothes. I have a background in graphic design, and love to bake.

I'll be combining this with plans to be a bit more thrifty by saving and hopefully making money on my crafty journey by mending and customising clothes, possibly selling my crafts and any other ideas that spring up in the meantime.

And if I could make it a profitable business (alongside my cakes) ..... well, that would be just awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment