Monday 17 October 2011

A Craft Update

Kids Clothes Week Challenge Fall 2011


Well, I didn't do as well as I'd hoped. What with visitors and having to sort out my spare room so they had somewhere to stay and looking after Evie I didn't have a chance for much making. So the only thing I did get round to 'making' was the cardigan - which was practically done anyway! I do plan to sign up for the Spring 2012 one though, which gives me some time to practice and Evie will be around 6 months old.

On the plus side, my craft room is a lot tidier and I have space to make stuff!

October Challenge: Socktoberfest

I have nearly finished my first sock.



It's looking good, though not quite sure how I'm going to get the second one to match colours. Still not quite sure how I feel about sock knitting - I can already feel 'second sock syndrome' setting in! And I chose some pretty expensive yarn. I am looking forward to wearing the socks, have found some lovely patterns and they (so far) haven't been as complicated as I thought they would have been. I'm not sure I'll become a sock addict, but I will knit more pairs. Providing the second one goes as well as the first....

Sleeping Bag Commission

I am also knitting a sleeping bag I have been commissioned to make. My first commission! It's going well, the yarn is lovely and soft and the colours remind me of a beach scene.


Crochet Blanket

I haven't made much progress with the blanket as I've been working on the two projects above, but I did find some random crochet squares I may be able to add in.

Evie's Duffle Coat

I still haven't cast on the duffle coat for Evie, as I feel I should finish at least one project before starting a new one.

No comments:

Post a Comment