Friday 6 January 2012

FO Friday: Red Riding Hood






It's finished! The duffle coat from Debbie Bliss' Ultimate Book of Baby Knits, was finally finished on new year's day. It's a lovely coat and a great fit for Evie. I made the 3-6 month size and it does have a bit of room to grow into. The knitting (all garter stitch) was very straight forward, unfortunately my making up needs a bit of work - but I won't let this put me off. The yarn used - Debbie Bliss Rialto DK - is lovely and soft and I love the colour. Plus I have 1 and a half left over balls of yarn, so may make a hat.

I am  so pleased with this. I love the hood and cute little pockets, and will most likely make it in the next size up. (I would love to try and scale it up for me, but I think that's a bit beyond my skillset at the moment.)

Now off to Tami's blog to see what everyone else has been up to...

5 comments:

  1. Love it! Coat and cute model! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely adorable. Oh and the sweater's adorable too ;))

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful baby!!!!!! And the coat ain't half bad either. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely coat! It looks like the baby loves it too:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks all. She is a bit awesome, isn't she? ;) The coat is really lovely, and she does wear it a lot. I just wish that my sewing skills were better to give it the finish it deserves.

    ReplyDelete