Wednesday 18 January 2012

WIP: Stash-Busting Blocks

This is a very quick post just to prove that I am still about. As part of my January challenge to use up the yarn in my stash I am going to start knitting some blocks for Evie to play with. There are loads of patterns out there, but my plan is to just knit a load of 3" squares, then sew them all together and stuff them with a foam cube.

In an attempt to get this project started, here is the first block. Nothing dramatic, just a simple stocking stitch square (try saying that quickly!) to get me going.




I am hoping to include some patterned squares containing letters, numbers and maybe some pictures, so if I do design anything I'll try and post the patterns here.

I do hope that this project will get me back into knitting as I feel a bit lost without a big project to work on, having finished Evie's Red Riding Hood.

1 comment: